There are so many ways to celebrate Singapore’s 50th birthday. Organizing a big makan party around your estate or volunteering to teach nursery kids for a week? They all count. So to help get you started, we’ve given you some examples of what your celebratory ideas could be like. Go on, have a look. We hope it helps.
no of ideas
Copyright © SG50 Programme Office. All rights reserved.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SG50
1. What is SG50?
SG50 is a nationwide effort to celebrate our country’s 50th birthday in 2015. That’s a huge milestone – 50 years of independence! This is a momentous event for Singaporeans to reflect on how far we’ve come together as a nation and people.
2. How long will the SG50 celebrations last?
The SG50 celebrations will span over a year, from January to December 2015. But we’re not waiting till 2015 to get started.
3. How can Singaporeans get involved with SG50?
This is our country, and our celebrations couldn’t be more meaningful if everyone got involved in a big way.
Find out what your fellow Singaporeans are planning and tell us how you can make it even more special.
4. What does the SG50 committee do?
SG50 hopes to reach out to as many Singaporeans as possible. To head up our Steering Committee, we’ve invited individuals from a variety of fields in the public, people and private sectors. The SG50 Steering Committee is led by Minister for Education, Heng Swee Keat; while the Programme Office is led by Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, Lawrence Wong.
The Steering Committee is supported by five teams, which will encourage active community participation and involvement leading up to 2015. The five teams are:
Find out more about our committee members.
5. What is the SG50 Celebration Fund?
To celebrate Singapore turning 50, we’re inviting all Singaporeans to come up with projects that express your pride, identity and love for our country. We want to help fund projects that will get Singaporeans excited about our 50th birthday.
Got an idea? Get the funds to make it a reality.
6. Who can apply for the SG50 Celebration Fund?
The SG50 Celebration Fund is open to:
Want to see if you qualify? Drop us an email at SG50CelebrationFund@Singapore50.sg.
7. How can I find out more about SG50?
If you have further questions, you can get in touch with us here.
WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SG50 CELEBRATION FUND.
1. When can I submit my application for the SG50 Celebration Fund?
You can submit your application anytime, at least two months before your project commences. Application for the Fund closes on 31 August 2015.
2. How long can my project run for?
Projects must be completed by 31 December 2015.
3. Who can apply for the SG50 Celebration Fund?
You can either apply as (i) Groups or (ii) Organisations. Under the Groups category, two individuals (aged 18 years and above) are required for the application. For local projects, at least one applicant must be a Singaporean. For overseas projects, both applicants must be Singaporeans.
Societies registered with the Registry of Societies (ROS) and companies registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) can apply under the Organisations category. Government Ministries, Departments, Organs of State and statutory boards will however, not be eligible to apply for the Fund.
4. What are the types of projects that may be supported under the SG 50 Celebration Fund?
SG50 Celebration Fund aims to support projects that:
a) Inspire a sense of belonging to Singapore;
b) Build on our national identity and love for Singapore;
c) Excite our community about celebrating Singapore's 50th anniversary; and
d) Encourage Singaporeans to bond as a people and community.
5. What kind of projects cannot be supported?
The SG50 Celebration Fund does not support projects that:
• Contain commercial or profit-making elements;
• Create misunderstanding in our multi-cultural and multi-religious society;
• Are religious or political activities;
• Advocate for lifestyles, or have content held as objectionable by the general public; and
• Undermine the authority of any government or public institution.
6. What expenses are covered under the SG50 Celebration Fund?
Items that typically qualify for funding include event management, production, publicity, and marketing costs directly related to the project. Applicants’ own manpower costs will be capped at up to 25% of the actual project expenditure or approved funding amount (whichever is lower). Applicants’ own manpower costs refer to costs for tangible services rendered by applicants for their project.
Start-up costs and capital expenditure that are not directly related to the project do not qualify.(e.g. Purchase of office equipment/ assets, computer infrastructure, registration/licensing fees, property rental, transportation vehicles ), Cash prizes and fundraising expenses also do not qualify for the funding.
7. Can my project receive the SG50 Celebration Fund in addition to grant(s) from other government agencies?
Project components that are concurrently funded by other government source(s) will not qualify for the SG50 Celebration Fund.
8. Can we submit more than one project for funding?
Applicants can submit up to 2 projects for funding. However applicants intending to submit 2 projects should complete their first approved project successfully before submitting the application for the second project.
9. How can I submit my application form?
Just download the form, fill it in and email it together with your project proposal to SG50CelebrationFund@Singapore50.sg
Alternatively, you can mail the form to the following address:
SG50 Celebration Fund Secretariat
Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)
140 Hill Street, Old Hill Street Police Station, #01-01A
10. How are the applications processed and how long does it take to know the results?
After we acknowledge receipt of your application, one of our team members will connect with you within a week and subsequently follow up with you to understand more about your project and to facilitate the evaluation of your project.
11. Who will assess applications for the SG50 Celebration Fund?
Applications will be assessed by an evaluation panel comprising community and industry experts. The panel’s decision is final, and it has the right not to disclose reasons for approving or rejecting your application.
12. When will I know if my application is successful?
You will be notified within two months from your application date. If your application is successful, you will be required to sign a Form of Agreement with the Government.
13. If my project is approved, how will I receive the funding under the SG50 Celebration Fund?
If your project is approved, you can receive up to 20% of approved funding amount after signing the Form of Agreement. Upon successful completion of your project, the remaining 80% of the approved funding amount will be reimbursed.
14. What documents need to be submitted for reimbursement claims and by when do I need to submit them?
You are required to maintain proper financial records and submit a project completion report, an income and expenditure statement and reimbursement claims within three months after your project’s completion.
15. Are we allowed to make changes to the project in the course of implementation?
You need to seek the agreement of the SG50 Celebration Fund team if there are changes, postponement and/or cancellation of your project.
16. How can I show that my project is part of the SG50 celebrations?
All funded projects will bear the SG50 branding/logo in all your publicity materials. The SG50 Celebration Fund team will advise you on the use of the logo.
LET'S TRY TO KEEP THINGS LIGHT AND LIVELY, SHALL WE?
A BIG THANK YOU